12.20.2011

Top 15 Taylor Swift Songs (Top 15 Best Songs of All Time)


By Spence Blazak

I love Taylor. That's that. Here are my all time favorite TSwizzle songs. I command you to enjoy.

15. "Two Is Better Than One"
- "I remember every look upon your face, the way you roll your eyes, the way you taste." For a moment it takes me back to my relationship her. The little details flood through my eyes like a sepia toned play back on a camcorder. Then….I remember that I've never actually been closer than 250 feet away from her. THATS how you know a 7 second cameo on a song is good.

14. "The Outside"
- "How can I ever try to be better, nobody ever lets me in." Im assuming this one was written back before she was really really really beautiful and awesome and perfect and stuff. Long before Taylor knew the treachery that filled young boys' hearts. Oh Tay, so so much to warn you about, but the tragedy is that I cannot.

13. "Superman"
-A bonus cut on the Target Edition of Speak Now. "Tall dark and….Superman he puts papers in his briefcase and drives away to save the day or go to work ITS THE SAME THING TO ME." I personally like this cut because I always hope it was written about…….me *rocks back forth while in fetal position*.

12. "Mean"
-I remember the night well. Taylor performed a song with Stevie Nicks. I had hyped this up for weeks, and it was right as Taylor was about to become a super-superstar. The lights dimmed, they came on, and she was flat. I knew I would never hear the end of it. Everyone tore my sweet Tay apart, especially one D-bag critic who said things I won't repeat (because I don't remember them). Taylor wrote a song about it, this little gem. Its got banjo, Taylor being scorned, and the word "football" being said in the sexiest diction of all time. Well…..except for maybe Hank Williams Jr. in the Monday Night Football theme...

11. "Speak Now"
-Taylor barges into the wedding of the man she loves, wrecks shit up cuz he is totally marrying a tramp, walks out with her man, andmiddle finger extended to the world. #likeaboss

10. "Tell Me Why"
-Classic Tay. Classic.

9. "Mine"
-"Flash forward and we're taking on the world together, and theres a drawer of my things at your place." Its simply "wunderbar", as a German teacher would say.

8. "Sparks Fly"
-"The way you move is like a full on rain storm, and I'm a house of cards." The opening song of Taylor's concert. I didn't hear much of it because I was screaming too loud. One of my life's greatest moments. Right behind when I visited the Ninth Ward of New Orleans to help build houses, and I yelled "LOOK ITS BRAD PITT!" when a random guy on his bicycle rode by. 200 people looked. One girl screamed.

7. "Our Song"
-I used to be the captain of my high school's Quiz Bowl team many moons ago. One day, the question was "name the song by a certain blue eyed singer that is a slamming screen door, sneaking out late, tapping on your window-" then I chimed in with "WHEN WE'RE ON THE PHOOOOONE AND WE TALK REAL SLOW…..CUZ ITS LATE AND YOUR MOMMA DONT KNOW. OUR SONG IS THE WAY WE LAUGH, FIRST DATE 'MAN I DIDNT KISS HER BUT I SHOULD HAVE'". I didn't get any points because I never answered the question……totally worth it.

- Taylor goes through the stages of her love with her childhood friend from the playground to the nursing home. Adorable.

5. "Last Kiss/Long Live"
-The tandem of songs that made me tear up when I heard them live. I texted Wookiee Wednesday historian Matt Piccolella:"This is the saddest moment of my whole life. Trying. Not. To. Cry."

4. "Love Story"
-I chose this song for my slow dance at Senior Ball. Partly because I missed the real slow dance as I was out on the golf course looking for a wild gopher (true story). We danced in a parking lot, the "door ajar" beeper went off the whole time, my date didn't give a shit, and I almost locked my keys in the car. Now thats what I call romantic!

-Unreleased deep cut from when Taylor was a youngin'. She has a crush on a boy and doesn't know how to win him over. Beautiful, catchy, pulse pounding. God only knows why this was never released.

2. "You Belong With Me"
-I always say that "Love Story" got me infatuated with Tay, but "You Belong with Me" made me fall in love. The first time I listened to it, it wasn't a single yet. I was confused, I just….didn't know how to react. It changed everything. No song was ever quite as sweet after it. I once sang it accapella when I notoriously hosted the 2010 Fall Pep Rally. My history teacher called it "the worst pep rally I've seen in my 45 years of teaching. The song wasn't awful though." The rest of the student body just didn't go.

1. "Enchanted"
-Her most beautifulest song around. They named her perfume after it. Need I say more? I will. Apparently she met the Owl City guy at a party and was smitten by him. Nothing ever happened, but the song is about the what if……*breathy sigh*. Also, Speak Now was originally supposed to be called Enchanted, but since this is like 12,000 minutes long, they didn't think it would be radio friendly. Fun little fact. I'll stop talking now….

No comments:

Post a Comment