4.16.2012

The Best Things Women Have Ever Said to Me


By Spence Blazak

A wise Canadian once asked Americans a question: "Have you ever really loved a woman?" . I thought long and hard about my answer. Has Spence Blazak ever really loved a woman? I have. But not in the way you think. Relationships end, flames of passion go out, and one night stands take walks of shame home until you awkwardly see them at the dining hall a month later. I'm talking about true love. The love felt in a single moment. The love inspired by a sentence. This list is made to commemorate those perfect sentences that were said before prom rejections, slaps to the face, and vomit on my favorite shoes (true story). I've compiled a list of things that I have loved that women have said to me, all of them are truthful. I swear. Spoiler alert…..it doesn't take much.

"OMG you can do a Wookiee noise? Thats so cool!"

"I think its kind of cute that you always cry at Toy Story 3"

"Yeah! Pokemon ARE awesome!"

"I love beards on guys!"


"You're cool!"

"Wilco is NOT your favorite band! They are my favorite band! I never meet people who like them!!!"

"No, I don't have a boyfriend."

"You have the body and demeanor of Marshall from How I Met Your Mother, but the intrinsic jaded cynicism of Ted!"****

"I really like furry guys!"

"I read your most recent blog post, Spence!"

"You are a great liar!"

"OMG, thats crazy that you actually went to see Taylor Swift in concert! TELL ME ALL ABOUT THE CONCERT IN EXCRUCIATING DETAIL"

"Don't worry, I'm not judging you for reading that comic book."

"You don't have to go to my five hour track meet this afternoon."

"Wanna go to Taco Bell?"




****confession……that one was my friend Fernando…..still waiting for a girl to say that one

No comments:

Post a Comment